Tuesday, December 06, 2005

goodbye DIY


It was the last DIY for cretins last night. Only a mere handful were there right until the bitter end. Teach liked his Chocolate tool set. He did a lot of talking and some people brought wine.
I thought back to the lesson's we've had... I'm not sure what I've gained from the course. Ok it got me out of the house but I'm one of those people who need to actually DO stuff to learn. It's no good 'talking' about it. I need to do it.
I wanted to get to grips with Mr Yellow more. I wanted to be able to touch him without fear of electrocuting myself or drilling into some forbidden material. I wanted to 'know' Mr yellow inside out. To be able to pick him up and make him do anything I wanted. I wanted complete control of his little black buttons.
Alas, all I really learnt was how to push grout into holes with my fingers and how not to start at two ends of a wall with tiles and find they don't meet in the middle.
It was a start I guess. In a few weeks I have 10 weeks with Ken. Ken is going to turn me into an electrician. My aim for this course is DIY electric shock therapy. I will be sane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need a sort of combined rabbit and power tool set to give you incentive. It would only do your fanny while you were drilling holes in plasterboard. Perhaps DOITALL will stock one.

Anonymous said...

Not creepy Rockies Ken I hope. Alberta is a long way to go to learn how to wire a plug.

Anonymous said...

Drill a hole in your skull with Mr Yellow to release the evil spirits. You'll always feel ok then.