Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sunday Over...

Well I survived. My day on the wards. I woke up today a bundle of stupid idiotic nerves. I was pissy because all the stuff, like wash the kids school uniforms I do Sunday afternoons, I had to do early morning. Then off I went. I arrived... Late as usual. Promptly burst into tears, apologetic tears for being quite so pathetic. Then calmed down and actually had a really lovely shift. I didn't do a lot. I had one patient who was lovely and had a fab non demanding parent. So, I helped the rest. On my own terms and was in my element.
And we had a laugh, and it was very chilled and social. Phew.
What a fuss about nothing, but that's the point. My worries are often unfounded and sit in my head churning round and round. Silly Bitch I am. Oh well.
The kids have gone to see Narnia with their dad. Abby can be quite manipulative when she gets something in her head. She wanted to see it, so she phoned and told him that he was taking them. He created a big fuss and said he had no money blah de blah. She said it was because he didn't care about them and does nothing for them... Yet he's happy to take his GF's kids out every single weekend.
She put the phone down on him, he rang back and told her off for being cheeky. She gets mouthy and he says he'll only take them if she'll promise to cut her attitude.
Yeah Right, when pigs will fly.
But she got her own way.
I almost felt sorry for him... But nah. He does do NOTHING for them. Bet they didn't get any sweets or drinks though... Too expensive by far.
I'm wrapping Christmas gifts. I always think I'm nearly ready but then find I got 4 more to buy for. Hopeless. What do you get people who have everything anyways?
It's extremely foggy tonight. In my area we have those ridiculous islands that jut out into the road so the traffic has to stop and let cars through one by one. Can't think of the correct name for them. The fog is so dense that you can't see them until you're right on top of them. I really think someone is going to be killed there one day... There was someone killed there Tuesday night... Not sure what happened though, but there's bunches of flowers on the floor and tied to the post there.
I got work tomorrow morning.... Great. Bristol traffic. Oh well by working today I've got Thursday off... I'll appreciate that when Thursday comes round.
Loves you all
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traffic calming something or other. Quite idiotic. People going against the main flow of traffic get pissed off waiting and people have to burn through to take advantage of any small gap. Road planners, like everyone in government from Parish to PM are utter morons. They need their faces shaved off and fed to pidgeons.

Donna said...

So did Cribbs Causeway get bombed? I'm guessing not. and more importantly - did you find a suitable way of remembering your Nan?

I'm planning to buy a really nice bright artificial Christmas wreath this year to put up every year to remember my Mum. I haven't found one good enough yet though. When we decorated the tree (my first real Christmas tree - which I'm now in love with) on Saturday, I have one decoration that my Mum bought for George's first Christmas. It says "Baby's First Christmas" on it, and it's fairly tacky in the scheme of things - but it brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. She died 4 months after that Christmas (nearly nine years ago).