Monday, December 26, 2005

All Over and all's well

abby.... presents!!
It's Boxing Day. This Day was so great years ago when all my Grandparents were alive. We used to have HUGE family party and go to the pub together. Oh well, now it's a day to chill and rest.
Christmas Day was good. Abby didn't sleep at all Christmas Eve. She just couldn't drop off. Danz slept ok though.
They woke me at 3.30 and opened their stockings.... I went back to sleep... After all I knew what was in it.
Then they woke me at 7 am and did the present stuff. I was pleased this year. I felt I hadn't gone OTT but had given them nice stuff and they were pleased.
We had to be at my sisters by 11 am for breakfast....
where's My presents?
My sister lives in a huge purpose built brand new farmhouse in Priddy. They have a farm with horses and cows and stuff.
We got there and she had the huge green aga cooker on, ready to do dinner. It had been on since 7am.... At 1pm it still hadn't warmed past cool. FFS it was new and had cost 6 grand...
It did eventually heat up to very hot, them started to burn the food. My sister hates the thing. It's either too cold or too hot.
Anyways we had a lovely dinner and everyone was happy... amazing really. These family things are rarely smooth. Funny how we never spend time together anymore. A forced day at Christmas and there's usually something wrong!
I went to sleep after dinner, I'm not 100% ok. In fact I need to see the doctor when they open again. I'm so fed up.
Christmas Tea was the usually glutinous event of cream and sweet stuff (yes she had 6 different types of cream!)
Then out came the most gorgeous Christmas cake.
mary and Joe sit on some icing
Then we all sat spellbound for Doctor Who and it was bloody brilliant... Just fantastic. I know I'm going to love David Tennant. I think he's slightly darker than Chris Ecclestone.
Then home. I hate driving in the dark and it's bloody dark out there in the country side.
We found Taylor asleep on the table, great. It's a Cat's life in this house.
Do Not Disturb

1 comment:

Jude said...

BLIMEY look at that posh cake!!!!