Friday, December 09, 2005

fear and sadness

God I miss my Nan. It was her birthday yesterday. I thought about her during the day. I thought about gestures I could make, like putting flowers up at the Crem. But she can't see them, and that wouldn't make me feel better...Sadly. But last night when in bed all quiet, I did sob myself to sleep. I miss her sooo much.
My ex phoned last night. He phoned to warn us against shopping in Cribbs Causeway on Saturday. Prat.
I've been told this several times over the last month. Some Urban Myth that on Saturday it will be bombed.
Abby came home from school a month ago and told me, then I heard it from the girls in work and the parents of patients.
It's spread across the city like wildfire.
Stupid.I think it's a prank that's spread because of the current climate for fear caused by the war and recent terror activities. Or maybe it is a terrorist type of thing. Terrorism is all about fear and if this is the case... We're letting them win because people are genuinely afraid of shopping at Cribbs on Saturday... You know. I may just make the effort to drive out there to make a point (but I hate it there, stupid place)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But maybe the terrorists have also won if people deliberately go to places they hate just to make a point.

Anonymous said...

Probably a rumour someone spread to make sure there wouldn't be long delays at the tills when they got there. Or rival businesses. Reminds me of a time I worked at a place that got a bomb threat, we were all marched out into the carpark - later we discovered that the alleged bomb had been in the underground carpark, directly beneath us as we stood around waiting for the all clear. D'OH!

Trinity said...

ah yes. It happened to the neighbour of someone my mum knows too... someone lost a wallet and returned it and got the warning... plus it happened to the daughter of one of our ward cleaners... her daughter returned a wallet to an arab who told her not to shop at Cribbs this weekend... awful lot of dropped wallets going on.

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar. Did this rumour start on Nov 5th by any chance????