Sunday, December 18, 2005

passport to no-where

The passport office wrote to me yesterday. They can't issue a passport for Abby. A, I didn't provide a full birth certificate. The mini one isn't good enough, so I applied for an expedited one online for £27 (bloody hell) which will arrive Tuesday and B, more importantly she's included on her Dad's passport and they won't issue one until she is removed from his.
I never wanted her on his anyways. Thought it was stupid. We had a blazing row about it and that's why my Passport photo is so awful. I'd been crying because he'd hit me.
So we called him, left messages all day but he never called back. Finally Abby got him at 7pm. He'd been ignoring us.
He wasn't happy about relinquishing his passport. He took some persuading to even listen to us. No passport, no St Lucia.
He refused to give it to Abby to send away with her Birth Certificate along with the special sticker provided so It reaches the correct guy whose dealing with it and the case number clearly marked.
He'll send it himself, he told us.
I'm worried. He better do it or she'll be devastated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sodding beurocracy. Everything is just a way of raising more disguised tax to them.

Is he going to be needing it soon? If not, what a dipstick! What a bastard for hitting you too.

Does occur to me though, when you go through customs, do you have to get someone to hit you so they can recognise you from the photo?