Saturday, December 03, 2005

Our tree


When I first met my ex husband and we moved in together we had the same Christmas tree, year after year. He liked that tree. I was indifferent, but it was the tree him and his first wife had bought together... hmmm well I was living in the same house. Why be silly about the tree?
Anyways as the family split we left that tree behind. It was his and besides it was old now.
Sad though, I have memories of Abby crawling under that tree and trying to eat it.
We've lived in 4 houses since then and every house had a new tree. Maybe that was a luxury I could ill afford. Oh well, we tried small trees, fibre optic ones. Ready dressed ones. Last year was quite an expensive white fibre optic one that I hated. It wasn't green and festivey.
So today we went and bought YET another one. It wasn't expensive and came in hundreds of pieces to be put together... But I love it. I have a good feeling about it. It's bigger than we usually have and it fills the room slightly. But it's warm and pretty and makes me feel warm and festive.
It's jam packed with lights and decorations from trees past, including the kids first Christmases. I think we'll keep this one.

No comments: