Saturday, December 03, 2005

Saturday

Had no sleep again last night. Life as Trin? No sleep no cope full stop. At 8am the alarm went off. Danielle was going to guide and scout camp today on her Turkey and Tinsel weekend (or turtsey and tinkle as I keep saying.. )
Funny how when you have to get up then you can fall asleep?
Anyways she set off and we had to get organised to hit the opticians by 10am.
Aren't Opticians a bunch of uptight dullards?
Humour is sadly lacking in the life of a spec savers optician worker.
Me and Abby had our eyes tested.. Separately... Which pissed me off no end because I wanted to be with her to hear what he said about her eyes. She never wears her glasses and her vision is basically crap.
Anyways, my near vision is much worse and I needed to have those Varifocal things. FFS that made me feel bloody old.
I reluctantly went to chose some new frames.I spotted some lush small ones... But because of the varifocal lenses I wasn't allowed to have them.
The sales woman was called Lorraine. What kind of weirdo name is Lorraine and why do they refer to themselves as Lorr?
She was a right bossy bitch, ordering me to sit up, sit back, Abby hated her immediately. Then the trouble with the bill started.
She quoted me £140 but when it went through the till the amount was £180. Time and time again she put it in and it spewed out different amounts.
But apparently they had to sell them to me at the price quoted which caused most consternation and haggling and Lorr got pissy and said she was fed up and threw her pen around a bit and told everyone who was listening that she was fed up with this job and might just go home.
Then she totalled the till again and the till said £115. At this point she said "Stuff it", and took my debit card and charged it 115 quid. Oh well, I was the beneficiary.
The glasses won't be ready for another fortnight though, my glasses are so damned scratched, I'd hoped it would be sooner.
On the way home we stopped at my local Boots the Chemists for a little argument with the stupid bitch who works there on a Saturday.
I've run out of tablets and had put a prescription into the doctors via Boots. I'm a regular customer and if I've run out of pills before they usually sub me one or two and take it out of the lot I get when the script is filled.
Well today was different. The pharmacist was this anal old cow who made me BUY the tablets. She said it was ILLEGAL to sub me drugs... Even if they knew there was a prescription coming . They are available over the counter so I said I'd buy a packet. They were on a special 'buy one get one half price this week'... But she said she could only sell me one packet because after a weeks use I needed to see my doctor to explore why I needed them.
I stood there with my mouth open.
"Are you taking the piss?" I said rudely "For a start you know I take them on prescription... You have the info there and also they're on a buy one get one half price offer.... Why do that if you can only buy one pack? Give me two packs before I go mad"
They sold me two packs and I left.
Bloody fringe healthcare workers, opticians and pharmacists. Up their own asses so far they've lost touch with reality.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Go to a different one where they give you free drugs when you run out like mine and they pick up prescription I am so lazy.