Friday, December 30, 2005

No longer a DIY cretin (well ok not quite)

the end productwood glue yeuk!

cd case
Danielle brought herself a DIY cd case thing... and it came with loads of small screws and *horror* wood glue.
I put it together tonight. I had a really sexy little tool case for Christmas. Just the right size for me. The screwdriver heads are magnetic, but they fit so well. Anyways despite the japanesey type instructions, I managed to fit it all together and I'm rather proud of it. This weekend I'm going to do shelves... watch this DIY space!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better stick yourself down for plastering classes if you plan on having a stab at shelves.

Wood glue is another of those things that shouldn't, but does, smell nice, like freshly applied Creosote on a summers day.

Anonymous said...

One would have supposed with these kits things that even you could manage an adequate job, but no. I notice from that A that it is upside down. That's just typical that is, building a cabinet upside down, now you will have to unscrew it all again and put it back together the right way up. I look forward to laughing at your pathetic shelves. Tip: Shelves usually go horizontally rather than vertically, you can put more things on them that way.

Creosote brings back childhood memories of a neighbour who was always creosoting his fence. Everything, his wife, his kids, his dog always smelt of creosote.

Donna said...

Hi Trin - sorry been away poorly then busy with Christmas / just not bothered with the net. I hope you have a good New Year - I need to catch up with your blog and what's been happening with you.

Lots of love

Donna x