Sunday, December 18, 2005

I'm in a distinctly bad mood today. The set of fairy lights I bought in B&Q 2 weeks ago broke for the third time so I took them back, but that involved disentangling them from the Christmas Tree, a real pain. They refused a refund (I'm not sure they can do that) but gave me gift vouchers which I wasted on pretty Candles.
My real problem though is my eyes. My glasses are a total pain on the ass. First they hurt, behind my ears is so sore, it's agony. My eyes water all day from trying to adjust from the long distance to the reading sight on the varifocals. Have a constant headache, gnawing my head off. And I'm sure this damn prescription is wrong. My right eye lens is ok, I can see to read fine but if I close my right eye and try to read with the left one it's all blurred.
So I'm so pissy.
Also I'm sure varifocals aren't designed for pc workers. I can't get it right, the laptop has to be fairly close so I can type but it's too close to use the Long distance bit and too far away to use the reading bit.
Fuck, I'm so pissed off with them.
Ha, I just had a revelation. I just changed the text size on the tool bar to large and it's a tad better.
I'm sorry I'm such a miserable cow. The girls keep giggling and are highly excitable, understandable really,except... Help I'm turning into my Mother and can't wait for Christmas to be over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1979 sale of goods act.
"Goods must fit for the purpose for which they are sold."

So if it's christmas tree lights, they should light up and last through christmas. If they don't the store is legally bound to replace or refund the item. IF the goods havedeveloped a fault through the actions of a third party, a compromise may be met which is when they would offer vouchers.
Any help? Too late i guess.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Although specsavers are the best place to buy glasses from, the "reputable" opticians are the place to get your eyes tested. Leightons, Batemens etc. They can test the prescription given to you. It's quite possible the headaches are from getting used to the new scrip but you should get headaches for prolonged periods.

Take a bath with a few drops of peppermint oil then peek on ebay for "tiger balm" Only buy the original one which is manufactured in Singalore though. The copies are great but the original is absolutley fabulous.
Oh yeah.... one more thing too...
Relax! ;) I know! Who can this time of year huh?
Be well and know you're loved.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Just get some cheap reading glasses at Tescos for the VDU. I have millions of pairs of reading glasses for all sorts of different things. Can never find any of them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the mixed the prescriptions for your eyes up. Just a thought but was your head on the right way up when you went for a check?