Wednesday, December 28, 2005

NHS carp

I'm meant to be at work now but my body says no (computer says no). I decided last night enough was enough and headed off to the doctors at 08.30.
The surgery was packed... First day back from the holidays. Full of old people coughing and kids with snotty noses and miserable pregnant women. Men with hoodies pulled over caps and the man sat next to me had his Bluetooth dangle in his ear. Why, I have no idea... I guess he thought it was cool. Just Why you need a bluetooth thing if you have no car and live in a bedsit on social security defies logic.
I had this semi hope of going into work afterwards. Yeah right. I waited two hours to be seen. Luckily it was worth waiting because the doctor was one that I'd worked with years ago... An ace doctor. I was really upset that they hadn't done my Gynae referral yet... Total crap. But he'll sort it and he's referred me for an urgent scan and took bloods. Plus I have the magic pills that will make all my problems disappear.
It was too late for work, but I'll go in tomorrow.
So, I'm off to the opticians to sort out these unwearable glasses and then over to pick up Danz's mate Hollie to stay the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always think it most unfair that women have gynaecologists whereas us men don't have anyone special to look after our naughty bits.

Maybe it's just as well, we would spend all our time at the surgery, nurse, nurse, I'm sure there must be something wrong with it, can you just look at it again? Would a course of massage help do you think?, if so could I get it on the NHS?