Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve


I've been hard pushed not to be swept along by the Christmas panic buying and stockpiling at the shops.
FFS the shops are only closed ONE day, not a week. I noted I had only 4 toilet rolls left yesterday and went into panic mode... What was I going to do?
Then I stopped and thought WTF? Crazy behaviour.
The girls are a bit upset... Well Abby anyways. You know how she interprets everything. Her father dropped a card off each for them last night. Least we think it was their dad as he didn't knock. The cards were written from Dad and Julie... In her handwriting. Abby was most upset by this. Mainly because she hates Julie.
I'm still expecting 2 parcels from Amazon. Hope they come. I missed something yesterday but It was a registered letter, so I reckon it was my passport being returned and documents?
Work has been a total nightmare. There seems to be very little Christmas Cheer there this year. Hardly surprising as they're closing us down next year and we're all being shunted to different places around Bristol. Also we have always shared the duties of working Christmas Day and Boxing Day... Usually 5 hour shifts. But this year they're working 12 hour shifts. Imagine working 07.30-20.00 on Christmas Day? One girl has got 12 hours on Christmas and Boxing Day.
Lots of people have left as well. The girl who got married last Christmas has gone. I liked her too. I did get a beautiful hand made card from my Favourite 6 year old on Thursday. I've looked after her since she was a very sick little baby and she is so special. I gave her a gift and she said I was her fav nurse (gifts do miracles!)
hot pink and sexyI also had a slightly early Present from my special friend this week, a hot pink Motorola Razr. I was so surprised. It's so sexy and sleek and cool (I'd like to be all those things)
Anyways it's on Virgin so I'll text you the new number.
Hope I like Virgin... I got it set up so we shall see if they impress me.
The tree has lots of gifts under it (for the girls mostly) but one or two for me. They've been busy wrapping me up stuff all week. Bless them, they love Christmas and try so hard to make me happy.
Little do they know, but they make me very happy. They are very special Children and I am blessed to have them to call my own.
(This sentiment may come from the fact, I just had a bad dream where I shouted at the kids so much that they left me...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spirited souls of bounteous beauty
touch your life when you need.
They lift and cheer that within.
Always in your thoughts,
and you always in theirs.
Keep those close that you shall always hold dear and know that this too,
they do for you.
X

Anonymous said...

That probably was the reality. You will wake up in a minute.

Merry Christmas Ms Flaps