Wednesday, December 21, 2005

3 Days till Santa comes.

I drove a friend into town, and stopped at Asda Beirut on the way back in some half hearted attempt to do some food shopping. I don't 'get' all this manic panic buying of jars of pickle and tins of biscuits for cheese.
Ok, so I don't cook Christmas dinner, so maybe I'm naive when it comes to having three or four different types of cream or the most unusual selection of cheeses ever, that no one eats and ends up being chucked away on January 3rd.
I also hate it because I seem to buy something else for the girls, for the bloody 'stocking' . As kids our fav bit of Christmas was the stocking. I think it's my girls too. The excitement of feeling the outside of it and dragging out each little treasure. My sister is having her step kids for the very first time this year on Christmas Eve. They aren't 'doing' Christmas with their mum as she's taking them on Holiday abroad for New Year... So they were firmly told there would be NO gifts at all.
They're only 11 and 9 so I think that's harsh, after all a holiday is also for the adults. Christmas is too special to say no gifts?
My sister is well chuffed though because she can do the big stocking bit and get all the exciting build up with them.
(she's not sure they even do stockings... Their mother's into Crystal Therapy and Spiritual Church and faith healing)

Anyways, I digress. Why do stupid idiots have to take their whiney kids out on an evening shopping? Bloody brats. Throwing themselves around the floors and screaming because they can't have that dolly even though Santa comes in a few days.
I did buy the Nizlopi CD. Everyone has to go buy the JCB Song because it rocks and it's real and gritty and sad and funny and adorable and clever. All the things Shayne Ward or Westlife aren't really. Hmmm.

Well, I'm rumblin' in this JCB.
I'm 5 years old and my dad's a giant sitting beside me.
And the engine rattles my bum like berserk
While we're singin, 'Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work!'
My dad's probably had a bloody hard day
But he's been good fun and bubblin and jokin' away
And the procession of cars stuck behind
are gettin all impatient and angry, but we dont mind.
An' we're holdin up the bypass
oh
Me and my dad havin a top laugh
oh woah
Sittin on the toolbox
oh
And I'm so glad I'm not in school, boss
So glad I'm not in school
Oh no...

And we pull over to let cars past
And pull off again, speedin by the summer green grass
And we're like giants up here in our big yellow digger
Like zoids, or transformers, or maybe even bigger

And I wanna transform into a Tyrannosaurus Rex!
And eat up all the bullies and the teachers and their pets
And I'll tell all my mates that my dad's B.A. Baracus
Only with a JCB and Bruce Lee's nunchuckas
Said I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round in his JCB.
I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round in his JCB.
I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round in his JCB.
I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round

And we're holdin' up the bypass
Weh Oh

Me and my dad havin a top laugh
Weh Oh
And I'm sittin on the toolbox
oh

And I'm so glad I'm not in school, Boss
So glad I'm not in school
I said
I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee. Drives me round in his JCB.
I'm Luke, I'm five, and my dad's Bruce Lee.

Drives me round in his JCB

1 comment:

Donna said...

we have too many cheeses and lots of cream too Trin. Cheers for the card and all the best wishes to you and yours. I'm hoping we'll get to meet up with you in 2006 (we come over to the West (for Wales) 2 or 3 times a year) ... Lots of love Donna xxxx