Tuesday, December 13, 2005

one lonely card

I sat down Yesterday with a box of 8 Christmas cards to write. Pen in hand, I'd got a book of 12 stamps. Here goes. I wrote one to my mate Collette, and one to Clarrie. Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThen I sat there racking my brain.... We don't do cards at work. Too many people, incidentally we aren't even doing Secret Santa this year. One of the girls has a family in Nigeria... Or I think somewhere like that and they are poor, so someone suggested sending them money instead of us having a gift.
I don't want gifts, but I also haven't a lot of cash myself and I like to donate to charity on my terms... I just think that's a little odd.
Anyways, back to the cards.
I couldn't think of anyone else to write a card too. About 5 years back, I had this enormous Christmas Card list. But no more, my own fault I guess. I let it all lapse.
We get cards, but they're all the kids... You know what they're like at school... I spent a bloody fortune on presents for the girls mates.... ffs! (I hope Abby brought something for my bestest Daniel).
Damn, I bought nice cards too.... Anyone want one?

4 comments:

Donna said...

Yes please. 2 Trafalgar Close, Ipswich IP4 5NS

I may even get around to sending one back if you include your address.

Donna x

Trinity said...

Hey Don's I can stalk you now... fancy a bottle of David Beckham? or a cliff Richard CD?
Do you want me to remove that address?
I'll certainly send you one of my 8 cards... Judeeeeeee you know what I want.

Anonymous said...

Ain't ya gona send me one? Hmmph

Spaceminx said...

Ooh, me! Me! I'll have one. (jumps up & down)