Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Top of the Pops leaves BBC One

inevitable

I have always maintained that I had no Idea why they chose Andi Peters to produce this show? What does he know about the cutting edge of music? What's happening to popular music these days? I guess most people have some form of satellite or cable TV. Maybe channels like the box or Kerrang are taking over this once staunch tradition of watching TOTP's once a week. I have to admit though.. I don't watch it either. The show is too full of itself and not the bands. I prefer to watch something like Gonzo on MTV2 . I like finding out about the bands...What they're up to, who they are!
I dislike the presenters greatly. People like the dizzy Fern Cotton. Her and people like Andi Peters mean Kids TV to me. I believe this gives far less credibility to the programme. To me this says...'This show is for kids not you Ms Trinity' So I don't bother.
I would prefer a set up by where a credible DJ like Jo Whiley or Zane Interview the band and then they play live.
I think less and less people listen to and pay any attention to the charts nowadays. The charts are most definitely not a fair and balanced view of music today. There's so much more out there than one small Top 40. This is the problem with Top of The Pops. It doesn't allow it to be shown.

No comments: