Saturday, November 13, 2004

Remembrance Sunday

For some reason known only to me a long time ago and just forgot. I was married on the 11th of November at 11am. I was at the doctors on Thursday at 11am and it was announced over the tannoy that it was 11am and we were invited to have a minutes silence.
I had weird mixed emotions. As you can probably imagine. Like they were remembering me.
I agree lest we all forget the attrocitys of the first and second world wars. But have we learnt anything? Nah
But we should know that every life is very precious indeed.
I'm watching the remembrance festival at the Royal Albert Hall. TBH I can't be bothered to turn over.
The Chelsea pensioners have just been marched in. They look like any second bits of them are going to drop off. I wonder if they'll be here next year?
Now some widows of recent soldiers killed in action and in accidents. One guy shot down by the Americans.
I'm not sure about all of this. I'm a pacifist. I value life. I'm not sure what I think of this remembrance thing.
You know I'm damned glad I don't have a son or daughter in this war.

1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

OMG - my sister was married on 11/11 and I think at 11am too!