Sunday, November 21, 2004

Steve and Jude 1st and second prize.

1= Swap Shop.
I watched this religiously every Saturday. Never had anything to swap though. Here's Noel, John, Maggie and Keith (who years later has his own nude gameshow)

2= A marmalade sandwich.
Paddington was never one of my favourites. He was so stupid and always got into ridiculous trouble. I never suffered fools gladly even as a kid

3= Jamie and his magic Torch, and his dog Wordsworth.
I wanted a magic torch...Actually still do.

4= The Clangers.
I hated them with a passion which was unfortunate because my kid siblings loved it. I was the noise there 'talking' made and their stupid moony home. Grrr still evokes feelings of needing to stab pink things.

5= Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.
Loved Trumpton. This may have been the trigger to my fireman passion and obsession. Mind none of them were exactly attractive.

6= Top Cat (or the daftly renamed Boss Cat in the UK).
Always bothered me that he was boss cat. Loved TC he was clever and talked his way out of anything. Knew all the words to the theme song.

7= Play School.
Big Ted and Little Ted were my favourites. I Liked the 'which window is it going to be today bit' . Least they never danced like High 5 (well not till much later and that floella Benjamin came on with the Caribbean rhythm)

8= A cow, a snail, and a rabbit respectively.
Magic Roundabout. Classic TV and a rather confusing roundabout in Swindon. Dylan was the coolest thing on pot on BBC TV. Is being remade as a new feature film. I'm kinda dreading it. Hope they don't butcher Dougal.

9= Joe 90.
I adored Joe 90. I lived Sylvia Anderson. Drank and breathed her and her puppets. Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Marina Aquamarina.......

10- Petra the dog.
We all sobbed when Petra died, We also had a black labrador called Petra. A dog named Soo and a cat called Pudding. My mum hated calling the cat in.


Well done Steve who knows his tv..bet he's good at Pub Quiz...read his comments. There's a few trivia bits there.
Now when you gonna come pick up your prize.... sulky teen for a week?







2 comments:

Keith Horowitz said...

I remember as a kid, being a bit less violence-oriented than my friends.

He wanted to watch Bat-Man on TV. I preferred to watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

This morning my 11yo got up early to watch TV. This always means watching Nickelodeon or worse. This morning he was watching Discovery channel, about dangerous insects. It was neat to see him what something with redeeming value!

clarrie said...

ha! ha! you watched swopshop! :points and laffs:

all the kewl kids watched Tiswas innit