Thursday, November 18, 2004

Children In Need

Oh yes it's that time of year again. BBC wheels out it's charity team and we have a whole night of TV designed specifically for the Wogan Loving Radio 2 lover.
Now am I being terribly politically incorrect to say...I hate it? A whole night of torturous Terry Wogan's whimsying. 'Shall we check the jackpot now?' Oh no.... no no
Then they wheel out the usual suspects. Westlife...Those boys with stools and white suits. The Cheeky girls, Gareth Gates... They all seem to come out of mothballs to appear with our Tel. Jamie Cullen killing Radiohead songs.
They do some stupid sketch with our national treasures...The soap stars (eeek) I hear this year we have Steve and Andy from Corrie staring with the Eastenders Ferreiras and Steph from Emmerdale in a remake of Bloodbrothers ;P
Apparently this is the 25th year. A life sentence... I'm off to the video shop.
Oh I just noticed Radio two website is holding a viewers poll. Who is the most cuddly? Gabi Roslin, Terry Wogan or Pudsey Bear. Radio Two listeners have such fun!
BTW I may dislike it but I have donated some money to it. So don't think too badly of me ;P

No comments: