Sunday, November 07, 2004

BBC NEWS | Health | Patients to book GPs via TV sets

technology eh?
This sounds pretty good to me. People can use their interactive TV function to book appointments and cancel them if necessary. If it ditches the need for me to have to talk to those vile doctors receptionists, I'm happy. I recently had more dealings with them. I asked her to ask my GP if he'd leave something for me in reception and my god she was rude. I doubt he'll do that, she said pursing her lips and banging her eyelids down, doubt it very much. You know we bend over backwards in work to be helpful and polite to people. Why shouldn't I expect it in my own surgery? I'm thinking of changing doctors. I have little faith in them or their system.

2 comments:

Keith Horowitz said...

Wow - being able to make appointments with doctors without waiting on hold! That sounds neat!

That receptionists was wrong. How come so many in doctor's office think they can act rudely. When that has happened to us, my wife has complained to the doctor. Becuase it is a business. The doctors are paid because we go to them. The receptionists get paid because the doctor gets paid. So the receptionist works for us! And the doctor probably doesn't want the receptionist driving away business. I know a lot of the doctors are really overworks, and some of them are getting by on a much smaller profit, but that doesn't excuse somebody I'm paying (directly or not) from acting unprofesionally.

clarrie said...

bwahahahahah. The chances of my OtherHalf's doctor's surgery entering the 20th Century, let alone the 21st, seem slim. he just told me that they won't let you book appointments on the phone, you have to call in in person! WTF?? Why he won't change to the same doctors as me ie The Best Doctor in the History of Medicine Ever, I dunno. Mens huh