Saturday, November 06, 2004

Good and Bad

You know what? That episode of casualty tonight was terrible. When the nurse injected the wrong drug? Then didn't tell anyone. That simply wouldn't happen. Despite the fact you know you're going to get in huge trouble for it....Nothing compares to the crushing worry and guilt that what you've done may harm your patient.
Patients come first...Not nurses. OK Human error is not 100% unavoidable but that's why we have polices and procedures to stop such mistakes. And if nurses are following those policies then usually errors are avoided.
I was appalled that the male nurse never told the truth. Bah crap crap crap.
Ok now for the good bit. I'm watching BBC2 the John Peel tribute and feeling terribly sad again that this phenomenal guy is lost to us.
I miss his voice. It's really great seeing all those music people saying great words about him. I hope this gives his family a small warm smile, at this very sad time.
I just heard Jo Whiley (who I rate as a DJ) say how much she missed his grumpy mumbling. I love grumpy mumbling men. I feel sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I caught a bit of the Peel Sessions on BBC3 0r 4 last night. I didn't realise so many bands were given their first airings by him. Just thinking about all the influential acts that we would never have heard of makes the mind boggle. He is sadly missed.