Thursday, November 11, 2004

Thursday Doctors

I woke up with a vile headache. Guess I'm a bit stressy this week. Still got it a bit, grumbling at the back of my head.
I had a damn Doctor's Appt today. I hate that surgery so much. I get really anxious sat in waiting rooms, and they made me wait...a whole hour.
Those receptionists really are miserable old witches. One poor woman with a baby was waiting for over an hour so she went up to ask what was happening...Turns out the doctor had overlooked her. He'd marked her as seen. So what did the receptionist do? apologise? Be nice? NOPE she said 'It's hardly my problem Dougal (the doctors Christian name, very professional*) marked her as being seen, Not my fault."
Well least they aren't just vile to me.
The doctor was ok but within 2 minutes of me being in there he asked to take my blood pressure and a mobile phone started ringing. He said to me in a very irritated voice. If you could switch off your phone first PLEASE.
I pointed out it wasn't MY phone and he went a bit red and took it out of his jacket pocket and answered it.
Grrr.

1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

Dang. I had written a whole long diatribe. And I lost it by accident. Oh well.
Suffice it to say I hate that doctors offices think they can treat people badly. And that everytime I go in for a sick visit, my blood pressure is elevated, but otherwise it is fine.