Monday, November 15, 2004

Armageddon

Tonight picture me. In a luxury bubble bath. Ipod on and Keane playing Bedshaped. I am relaxed and chilled. My throat hurts and I ache but the bath is slowly taking the baddies away.
The the headphones slip and I hear arguing.
It's Danielle. She's on the phone to her dad. I can hear her crying and say to Abby go sort your sister.
Then all hell let loose. Abby took the phone and started telling him to leave Danz alone. Apparently he told her off for telling me that he said I had a bad personality.
He said she was a stirrer and a tell tat and he was really mad.
Abby started to shout and swear at him.... Oh god and then she went hysterical. Pulling out her hair and shrieking.
He insisted I speak to him and he said he was on his way over here. He wasn't having it. He was going to come her and sort her out.
I told him no way he wasn't welcome here. But then started to get panicky and anxious. I know no-one around here. Who would I call on? I guess the police? You reckon I could do that? After all he's nothing to do with me. We been divorced three years.
He said he wouldn't come if Abby spoke to him respectfully so she took the phone and listened. Very controlled I must say. He told her I was having an affair (lies) and made him leave. He said he wished he'd taken the kids with him away from me. Abby said I would kill myself if you ever did that.
Abby tried to tell him what stuff she didn't like about him, his gf, the way he was. But he didn't listen.
He never listens. It's all about him. None of it was ever his fault. Everything was my fault and still is.
I finally got rid of him. The girls were upset for hours. Abby was angry and ranting. Danz sat and cried.
And me? Haven't I got enough to cope with?
Maybe it's time to see a solicitor. I have an appt tomorrow for serious counselling for Abby referred by her shelter worker. Maybe they can help. But I'm tired. So tired of it all. I'm trying so hard to be normal and good and balanced. I hope you don't mind reading this stuff but it helps to write it.
Thanks

3 comments:

Keith Horowitz said...

I don't know about there, but just coming over to sort things out would be considered wrong. Over here, the first thing that would happen would be a restraining order - meaning he would have to keep so many feet away or he would be arrested. And if he is threatening to come over, he is threatening to tresspass. He doesn't own the place you live. And if his actions were to be considered threatening to the children, such as verbally demeaning them, he could find himself in extra hot water with the law. He might find he would not be allowed to see his children.
Now, I'm not saying you need to get the police and all on him if his is going to be smart. Because sometimes things can get real nasty, and false counter-claims can come up. But there is no reasons he shouldn't know that you are prepared to make things legally sticky for him if he is playing nasty games or hurting the girls.

clarrie said...

see a solicitor soon as, and also consider trying to work it out through Relate - that's what my mate does with Fuck-Face

clarrie said...

in fact, go see Bobbet McCann, 17 Berkeley Square, 0117 929 9001