Friday, November 12, 2004

Hello

It's me Trinity. I like Fridays. The whole weekend off. The last two days in work have been hellish. Really busy and loads of hassle. I was really glad to leave today. I got my off duty for Christmas fortnight and it's good. I got 6 days off starting Christmas Eve. I'm on a late New Years Eve but seeing we don't really do anything. One year I'm going to go to Trafalgar Square and jump in the fountains (I need to be drunk though)
Danz went to Girl Guides tonight. I've had a problem with her uniform. I bought her gear from the official GG website. A rugby shirt and fleecy Gillet. But her Guide Leader (whose at least 150) told me she hates the new uniform. They don't look 'smart' like girl guides should, in this new fangled rubbish. So she has a selection of obsolete old sweatshirts with bobbling material to dish out. But the polo shirts are now totally unavailable, so the dear is buying a job lot from Primark and sewing on girl guide logos. WTF? The whole idea of the new uniform is to make Guides fit in with their peers and not look like geeky do gooders.
Also I was a little miffed to find out the last few weeks they've been practicing Ironing . Now although I recognise the need for girls to learn such menial tasks (my girls can iron anyways) Is this really what we want our girls to get out of girl guides? I wanted her to make new friends, and grow in confidence and maturity. I don't know? Does any one know? Do scouts iron? Do you know Steve?
Hmmm not sure I approve at all? Maybe I'm way wrong but sexism is the word that shouts at me.

No comments: