Thursday, November 25, 2004

Piss off Jamie Oliver Trin rules!

Well today I MADE beef stew and dumplings and home made bread and butter pudding. With no burning at all... Yes it was unscathed. Success on a plate. Nigella Lawson has nothing on me.
I wish my taste buds would return though because I can't tell whether it tasted ok. The kids ate it though.
I took them shoe shopping after school. £81 later we had two pairs of shoes. Abby will only wear a certain type and Danz had to copy. Sigh.... Parenthood!
At home again I had a loud knock on the door. The local shoplifter with a few bottles of shampoo and some cheese. She told me she was pregnant, then burst into tears. She's on Methadone and worried about the baby. She then asked if I had a fag she could have. She was coughing so badly I thought she was going to puke. I felt sorry for her. She's in a hole and it's gonna be a damn site harder to drag herself out of it with a baby tucked under her arm as well. She looked embarrassed at the stuff she had, she told me the money she lives on isn't enough to cover the bills let alone live. She doesn't like nicking stuff. As a person who has always worked, I had mixed views. I'm sorry but living off social is lazy. Life's not been easy for me, not at all BUT I would never live off social. I have more self respect.
I guess it takes all sorts to make a world.

2 comments:

The City Gal said...

Trin,
I don't know how things work in UK, but can't you call the authorities (social services) to help a pergnant woman who uses meth? Not only this is not fair for the child, but also he/she (if born) will be a bigger burden on the society.

Keith Horowitz said...

Yay! The stew worked!