Tuesday, November 09, 2004

A quick Tour of Monday

Tell me why? I don't like Monday. I wanna shoot the whole day down.................
Well not really. I got into work unusually unfrazzled by the traffic. I discovered that YES I CAN change the tuner on the car stereo. Frighteningly I had radio four on for a short while then swapped to GWRFM. Hmmm I'm not sure I liked it and the music was old but recognisable. But lets not knock it. It wasn't bloody Moyles at least.
When I got into work the damn Hewlett Packard lazer jet wasn't working again. I tried to sort it...Rebooted the laptop, checked all the plugs were in and leads. It printed a test page but nothing else. I was well pissed with it and rang tech support. I assured the guy I was PC literate (bloody cheek) and everything was plugged in. So he booked me a techy guy for later that morning.
Well sure enough they came. Two of them. Rather nice men, dishy. Clever....And informed me it wasn't plugged in. I'd missed a plug. I was so embarrassed. Duh!
Tonight I had to see Danielle's teacher for parents evening. What a complete waste of time. He told me nothing at all. He asked her if she was finding anything hard...Surely he's meant to know that? Then told me her reading age was sadly well behind and could I think of anyways to get her reading more. I wanted to say...Well yes a teaching strategy to help overcome dyslexia might help. I mean come on...If it's damn hard work to read are you going to do it? I do try. She writes on her blog. He said she had excellent imagination and composition but her writing was bad. Tell me something new? But he was very nice and gentle and said she was well behaved. My girls know full well how to behave. I expect perfect behaviour and they haven't let me down yet (except at home grrr)
When we go back the kitten had ripped the wall paper off the stairs wall. There was a tiny tear there from a furniture removal incident. Now there's a BIG piece missing. Little devil.
Abby has a major part in the school play. She's the killer like in Scream and she has to sing solo. She was practicing in front of me tonight and she was very good. She needs to work it more but I was very impressed. his is sooo good for her self confidence and self esteem as well.
Now tonight, Abby has lost her mobile phone charger and wanted to borrow Danz's Nokia but her phone was lost (finally found down the back of the sofa) . I spent the night looking for phones. Refereeing cats fighting. Moaning about very untidy bedrooms. Trying to persuade Clazza she HAS to come see me this weekend or I'll just die!!!
Day off Tomorrow. Got to see a Doctor. Hopefully having lunch with my adorable bestest mate Marie and Rainbow Guides.
But no driving through Bristol. Cool!


1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

'..shoot the whole. day. down.' :)
Oh my - forgot a plug - well even I've been know to miss something obvious like that. I missed that the batteries were going bad on a robot - I was sure it was my circuits that were no good.
Have you gotten rid of that devilish toolbar yet?
My eldest was slow on reading and words. One of the things that helped him boost up a little was playing pokemon on gameboy. But I think Danz is beyond that point. So now is to find something she likes that is worth reading more about. Maybe take her to a library and get her some books she'd fancy from the grown-up books?