Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm a failure get me out of here

Remember yesterday? I said I was going to cook today? A nice beef stew. Well I made it. All fresh Vegetables and Cubed beef. The kids love stew.
I put it on a low heat and sat on the sofa. 90 minutes later I woke up to billowing smoke this odd noise and a smell.
I'd burnt it. Very badly, it was almost on fire. There's smoke in every room. :(
I had to throw away the pan.
So now we have no dinner.
And I'm totally crap...It's official.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not crap, you just need a slow cooker.

Stephen said...

You are only crap if you don't try - trying and failing is just unlucky. So you are not crap, and that's official.

Jude said...

Yay officially not crap

Spaceminx said...

Everybody has at least one cooking disaster so you're no more crap than anybody else. I'm sure Delia & Nigella have had their fair share. I was left to switch on a stew a few months ago & ruined it. My bro had made it up in the pressure cooker - all I had to do was switch it on but after following the instructions I opened it up & the meat wasn't cooked properly. I tried again to no effect. We had to throw it away.