Friday, November 12, 2004

Radio Adverts

The night before last I had the new Avril Lavigne song in my head all night to the point of madness. So no more tapes in the car, which leaves me with the radios. I tried Radio two at Clarrie and Steve's recommendation. My God that Terry Wogan is worse than Moyles. He rambles on like a senile old grumbly dog. I stuck it for about 2 minutes. Then I tried Vibe FM. I didn't get it. Who listens to that dross. Then GWR which was ace for traffic news but the music was total crap 80's (I liked SOME of the 80's but Dionne Warwick I draw the line at) Plus those awful adverts. This morning whilst going up the Gloucester Road. "Hey have you got time for Lady Diarrhoea to visit?" " ooooh no I'm far too busy today to cope with her" "Then get yourself some Imodium sachets and stop it from ruining your day" Shit I felt quite sick.
I tried a little radio three (eek). Radio four...Full of dullards talking slowly. Then stuck with Star FM. Not my scene at all but best of a bad lot. They had adverts but mostly for photocopiers and new laptops. Obviously they get a classier and more bunged up listener than GWR.

1 comment:

clarrie said...

when we said 'Radio 2' we didn't mean El Tel! You want Dermot, you want Jon Ross, you want Mark Lamarr. Mind you even El Tel betterer than The World's Unfunniest Man.