Sunday, September 25, 2005

I did it!


hello is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone home.
I did it. I fitted the door chain, all by myself. Rock On. It was more trouble finding one in B&Q than fitting it.
It's not quite aligned right and I did manage to screw it into the existing door lock hole (one screw goes round and round like a sugababes song) , but what the heck, I did it.
A fairly usual Sunday here. Meaning nothing much happened.
My intel graphics driver made a major system crash on the laptop. Microsoft recommend that I download the latest driver update. What the fuck that means is Greek to me. I did try to decipher the language of the IT expert. But failed.
Me and my Abby had a great afternoon chatting. I made her listen to the Scissor Sisters version of 'Comfortably Numb'. Then played Pink Floyd. We talked about the fact it was the same song just done differently.
She hated the SS Version, preferring the original, then we had a discussion about the lyrics and how I felt they 'spoke' to me in their accuracy of a person feeling mentally unwell.
She said the song was beautiful and then I noticed she had tears in her eyes. My God she is sooo like me, unbelievably. To be able to be moved by music, to want to know what is behind a song and why it was written.
She loves music, she can't wait to go see the Magic Numbers next month. Should be a cool gig.
I've had several emails from those guys on the adult friend finder site. Trouble is they're all really gagging for it... Not even any false pretense of decency and wanting to get to know you. Hmmm if I get any higher I guess that won't matter anyhow.
And a little Happy Birthday to Pierre. Nice to talk to you today and yes, I do have a very sexy voice ;P

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Nice chain... 'Comfortably Numb' makes me cry, too.

Donna said...

I met Andy on the internet, and he was gagging for it, so was I, and here we are happily married .... Aaah ... But seriously, it can work out, but do be very careful ...