Thursday, September 15, 2005

P&P


Pride and Prejudice was lovely.... Just lovely. Two hours just wasn't long enough. The directors interpretation of the book was interesting, I felt it was more 3D, gritty and rounded than previous versions. The home life of the Bennett's was less glossy. More mud and skin, added to the sex appeal some how.
Mrs Bennett wasn't played as such a buffoon character, not such a huge laughing stock. Which was unusual because even in the novel, her eccentric behaviour often made me laugh at her silly ways. Donald Sutherland made a perfect Mr Bennett, very rustic and country gentleman. And there we have Elizabeth Bennett played by Keira Knightly, who, if anything, slightly marred the film for me. Her facial expressions and that OTT toothy grin. Also, hey, she's so boyish. In her face and body. Where's her boobs? But she did do the role justice and was credible.
But stuff, bloody Keira Knightly, and the other actors. The only one us girls (ok and maybe a few guys) are interested in was Mr Darcy.
Was Matthew MacFadyen worthy of such an important role?
God, yes. I wanted a shag half way through the movie. He exuded sex, in every look, word, action and at the end when he emerges from the Mist on the Moor in his floor length coat and white shirt, hair flying and look of determined passion. Well I nearly had an orgasm. I did cry though.
I'm in love... Again. Hey ho. On the way out they had a movie poster free, on the side. So I can put it on my bedroom wall. Can't wait to go to bed tonight ;)

No comments: