Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bigger and better

The girls went to their dad's today, with some of Abby's friends to use his jacuzzi and trampoline. They caught the train. All Abby's idea.
I asked Danz not to go. We'd arranged to go to my mum's for dinner and I didn't want to be alone all day after the funeral. I wanted someone to talk to. Selfish eh?
But she made a fuss and so they both went.
I had to drop them off at the bus stop and pick them up later.
Rather horridly though, I'm battling with negative feelings that they'd want to go off to their dad's and leave me alone today.
I overheard Abby telling someone that her dad's was cool and he had a huge trampoline etc.
(Only thing that ever was huge on him ;)
Now they're home. They want dinner. He never gave them anything to eat.
Good old mum,just good for the cooking and ironing that I've done all day and driving us around everywhere.
/Sigh. Pissy cow that I am.

*Edit. Actually, maybe today's just a very sad day. Thinking about it, it's the fourth anniversary of 911. That day was such a terrible tragedy and upset me so much. I still find it hard to look at those photos and think about those people who died.
Maybe it's ok to feel sad and down and a bit touchy today. Maybe that's a kinda normal thing?

No comments: