Friday, April 29, 2005

My work

I have the best mates ever at work. They're so good to me. I get away with murder. I guess it's because I work hard and they tell me I'm a good nurse. I do like my job really. I love my little patients...Even the ones who bite me. (Yes I got bit today...Her mum went to tell her off but FFS we just took blood off her, she was 2...We deserved to be bit!!)
Last night I had a migraine. I woke up at 5 hardly able to see. So I went downstairs took pills and went back to bed. I woke at 7.30 very fragile. My vision was disturbed and my head had a insistent but mild thump in the background.
So I phoned work told them I'd be a bit late and took things slow.
I arrived late, everyone was worried...Mind I did look awful. The day progressed. I worked ok. It was a nice day. Hot though, the kids were lovely. No real hastles. But every three to four hours I needed to take pills for this headache. Then I took my blood pressure. One of the disadvantages of being a nurse is you know too much and have the equipment around to check stuff....You can work yourself up doing that.
My blood pressure was 160/100. Much too high for me. I checked it three times. Then fretted because I had some palpatations and felt faint after I walked to path lab.
They tried to send me home, but I just didn't want to go really. I envisaged home, with making tea and taking Danz to guides. So I stayed and went home about 7.30.
Oh well least it's not my brains fault this time!
I guess a big build up to see my GP is required. Hmmmm I'll think about it.
4 days off now. Hope it stays sunny. Apparently Bailey has been throwing herself at Danz bedroom door trying to get into see the hamster. She licks her lips when she see's him. She's a brat!

No comments: