Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday 18

Well I was glad at 7 this morning that I didn't have to drive through that awful traffic to work. Less pleased at 6pm though when I was at work. Work was ok. I did have a problem with a blood test I sent urgently for a child that took 4 hours to come back. I phoned the labs to find out what the hold up was and the stupid woman there had no idea even how to use the PC.
I do think it was a computer glitch though. Sometimes you just can't help these things.
I felt so bloody old today. We got a new student nurse. Pretty thing. But so young looking. Full of confidence and sweet. She asked me how long I'd worked there and I said 1986. Oh that was the year I was born she said sweetly. Feck!! So basically babies I looked after in 1986 could be coming through as student nurses now. Wah I am old.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usTonight I watched Hide and seek on some pirate DVD Abby borrowed. I think Dakota Fanning is just excellent. She reminds me of Winona Ryder so much though. I enjoyed it right up to the end bit when for me it all went pear shaped and silly. But it was watchable and held my attention which is unusual (unless you're a naked man) I have a very short attention span.
It was also supposedly filmed in Upstate New York, though the area didn't look like it was. ***I've been to upstate NY four times and seen quite a lot of the countryside there. Beautiful place. The actors also didn't have an upstate accent. Even the ones that lived in the village. Hmph.
Oh Abby took her Art form into school today but she doesn't know if she got a place yet. I guess it's a start. Tomorrow she has counseling. I get to wander round the library again for an hour. You never know I may even get a book out tomorrow (what excitement!!)

(***the upstate NY picture....he's telling her to push me in when I'm not looking ;P )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great movie... I will have to watch it. I'm in a mood today...I hope I don't yell at my kids.... please God, give me some peace today.