Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Life Jim but not as we know it

Today was a good day. I lost the plot a bit in the afternoon and fell asleep, waking up in time for the girls to come home, but was quite spaced out for a while. Getting old me reckons!
There's 2 quid left on the gas meter. Pray it lasts till Thursday. If the boiler goes out it's a bugger to relight. The lights keep flashing. Must be this awful weather. The girls are fretting the gas and electric are running out and we're going to be huddled up cold and dark. They watch far too many horror films.
Abby got her place for the UWE thing. She isn't impressed but she's resigned to going.
As long as she can take the iPod with her. Right!
We made Muffins in Rainbows and gave out their new red folders to take home. It was like Christmas. They had such smiley little faces.
Abby has asked me to get her a maths tutor. She even got the number of one that her friend has. 15 quid a lesson. But she's desperate. I'm not sure what to do about it. Not sure if to ask her dad to help? I dunno we got joint custody so he should have some input. I dunno what to do. But Abby must really want it. She isn't a girl to take on extra work lightly.
Work just rang me. We're rather short staffed tomorrow. Great! Looks like a fun day ahead.
xxx

No comments: