Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday...And it's over thankfully

I'm knackered. We didn't stop today. We must have had over 25 admissions. Most
needed bloods, cannulas, urine tests. The list seemed endless and there was never any let up in the constant stream. I was ok though, I wasn't in charge. My lovely Pat was and she's a strong leader. Loads of little problems to sort out though, loads of stroppy phone calls from people. Lots of really cute kids though. One adorable child with pink shoes that I wanted!!
And so it ended and I made my way to Sainsburys. TBH I was too tired to shop after all that but the though of going home Like Old Mother Hubbard was too much.
Abby and Danz went to the fair. They only went on two rides though. Abby (newly found penny thrift) considered two quid a ride far too much to pay. Then they waited outside a pub for 1/2 hour for me to pick them up. I took ages in the shop. My God those Sainsburys till girls are slow.
On the way home Abby told me all about her gifted and talented workshop in UWE. It was ok.... She unenthused. She met some kids from Briz school she once went to. Only three of them turned up from her school. Her and two lads. Then at dinner time her Art teacher told her and Ross that they actually weren't gifted OR talented. It's just that they were the only two she thought would definitely turn up. I'm not quite sure how to feel about that.
So now I'm home with a full fridge and facial scrub. What more does a girl need.

No comments: