Tuesday, April 26, 2005

American bigotry

Salon.com Life | Raped by statute
I cannot believe the total difference between ours and the American Justice system.
Look at poor RT, threatened in her own home. Suffering months of crap. The police simply aren't interested.
But in the States, the cops are OTT. I remember being in NYS and the police cars hiding behind buildings trying to catch car drivers doing a few miles over the speed limit so they could haul them in.
America seems to be pretty full of bigots. Why have they turned so badly on Gay people?
Teenagers explore. I did some pretty imaginative exploring myself as a teen. 17 years for exploring? My God that's paramount to some middle ages punishment. And the Americans have 'liberated' Iraq from dictatorship and oppression? Hmmm.

No comments: