Sunday, April 24, 2005

Kasabian star injured at concert

BBC NEWS Kasabian star injured at concert

Now why would you pay to see a gig and throw a bottle at the band and stop the show? What a total idiot. Sadly there are a few in this crazy old world.
I don't agree with chucking stuff at bands or artists. The Reading Festival last year? when 50 cent was pelted off stage? Well that was a disgrace. I detest 50 cent but he was asked to perform there (stupidly) and whatever we think of someone, attacking them is criminal and totally uncivilised. Particularly at Festivals there's plently else to go see. Another two or three stages at least, plus shops. If no-one goes to watch them...They'll get the message.
Now look at dear old Kylie at Glastonbury. Now I'm not a big fan of Kylie. A few years back, she hit the scene with her brand of pop that really hit the mark at the time. She was sassy and spot on, sexy and cool. But what happened after 'Can't get you out of my head?' She slid. Like she always has done in her career. Basically Kylie is too old. And it keeps showing through. I don't mean her age FFS I mean in her outlook and ability to change. That last song 'I believe in you' was just awful. The chorus was like some awful night time cats choir. Pop at it's worse. Kylie is hot to those over 40's men who wish their wives had an ass like that still (or ever). Kylie's image is still sexy but kylie's career as a hot pop star is over.
So we get to see her at Glastonbury. The last group at Glasto should be like Radiohead. I still get shivers thinking of the crowd singing Karma Police back to Thom.
Still, I guess everyone will be so pissed up and stoned at that point we'll probably hear the ultimate cat's choir as they all sing "Now I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I. believe in youuuuuuuu".

No comments: