Monday, April 18, 2005

Anger management

I just lost my temper with Abby, I feel awful now. My head hurts and my throat hurts and I feel a bit of a failure.
She's never wonderful in the mornings. Grouchy and moody and no-one dares talk to her. But she's in a piss because of the Art thing. I insisted that she takes it to her teacher first thing as it should have been back Friday (she was off sick) and the places are very limited. So basically she may well not get a place anyways.
She was pissy. She had assembly and blah blah. So I said come on we'll leave now then. Got in the car and started it up. She flounced out the house with misery etched all over her face and slammed the door, got in the car. But I could see she hadn't actually closed the door properly. It had bounced on the latch and was wide open...So she expected me to leave the front door wide open and drive her to school?
I shouted at her and instead of her saying Sorry and getting out and closing it properly, she said she had shut it and was all moody. I then proceeded to shout at her all the way to school. Why did I do that? That's the sort of thing my dad did to us when we were kids. If we made a mistake he went on and on about it.
I always said I wouldn't be like that. Try to be more laid back and patient. But it's hard doing stuff on your own all the time and I just want Abby to be responsible.
Now she's at school feeling bad. I'm home feeling bad and we won't see each other till this evening.
I didn't sleep well at all last night. I have no idea if I took my tablets. Don't recollect anything at all. But I kept waking up all the time. This time it had nothing to do with kids or Cats.
Ok a cup of tea and a few deep breaths I reckon.

No comments: