Friday, September 17, 2004

Tube Strike?

ThisisLondon

Strikers wind me up. The ultimate slap in the face to the general public. I could never strike, and even if I could I wouldn't. I couldn't leave my patients in danger.
Does anyone ever get anywhere from striking?
There's a business in Bristol where the work force went on strike for a few weeks and the owner asked them back to talk. They said No, so she sacked the lot and took on new ones. When you take on the job you know the pay. Ok so inflation rises and cost of living goes up, so we want more. But some of the demands are ludicrous.
So Happy New Year to you, Tube Unions. You better stay in though because London's going to be chaos. And it's all your fault.

NB* Also found on same website in comments box "When I'm travelling on busy tubes with my rucksack I always take it off and drop it into the dead-space between my legs"
Note to poor man with only dead space between his legs...."don't be so hard on yourself mate!

1 comment:

clarrie said...

I couldn't disagree with you more about strikes and strikers. Why does no-one ever blame management for strikes? They do after all get paid shedloads to manage things, including employees and employee relations. People don't go on strike for no reason - it does after all cost them money, cos you don't get paid and the strike fund rarely makes up the wages you've lost. The union is saying now, 3 months in advance, giving plenty of time for management to do what they're paid to do and sort it out.