Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The PMS Monster

BBC - Pre-menstrual Syndrome

I'm pissy and irritable. I've had a stressy day...Though tbh, it wasn't any worse than any other day.
I know what's wrong. I'm due my period tomorrow and I'm v v pre-menstrual. I cannot see how any man can understand how this normal monthly happening can cause such irrational and uncharacteristic behaviour.
Also no two months are the same, some times I'm absolutely fine.
I woke up at five am with a right sided headache that throbbed. I couldn't go back to sleep so I took pills.
Work was okish but I noticed my mood on the drive home. I get evil behind the wheel, I hate every other car and even worse with bikes. I drive v fast and if anyone is in front of me, I drive up their bums like some maniac. I know that's bad. But I can't help it.
Tonight at Rainbows, I expected perfect behaviour. At one point Marie yelled at me to shut up because she wanted them to all come back next week.
(I do love my little Rainbows though and they all know I'm a softy really) We made banana muffins. I was so irritable I let my group do everything on their own....They shocked me. Not only were they quicker than anyone else...They did it perfectly.
Abby got my sharp tongue in Asda for constantly asking for stuff. Now I made dinner for us both and just yelled at her, that I'm pissed off at doing EVERYTHING in this damn house and she can wash up!
The worse bit though is not being able to control it. Some months I'm v emotional and unreasonable. Some months sad and down. Some months tired and wan.
Then comes the period....crampy first day. Tired and no energy. Then it starts to get better.
Hard being a woman. Men haven't got any such things to cope with. Hmph. Wish I was a man! Drink beer and read the papers all day. They don't have to fuss with make-up or doing their hair. High heels or tights, Bra's or sodding periods. Bah!

Hey hey hey....Guess what that BBC website recommends for PMS? Chocolate and vodka... wow.

No comments: