Sunday, September 26, 2004

Gym Initiation

Abby said...'let's have Chinese for dinner'. Lazy me thought ok. So off I went to buy it (no chips though) whilst waiting for it to be cooked I thought ' WTF am I doing?' I joined a gym yesterday. So I dumped the food off home grabbed my costume and set off nervously for the gym.
Not being a small girl, I've never liked showing off my body. I'd avoid swimming because of it. So I was a bit anxious as to how I'd feel. But it was fine. I don't think anyone even looked. I guess you don't go there to look at others and anyway even if someone really huge arrives, you'd think, Well good for them for trying to get fit.
Now I only managed 8 lengths of the pool. But I'm not a strong swimmer. I watched the others and felt like some invalid, with my slow strokes. But I guess I haven't been well. Depression effects all of you not just your mood.
I had some time in the spa and sat in the steam room, which was really lovely, hot and menthyl smelling. It had these twinkly lights on the ceiling and this relaxing but fairly decent music. I closed my eyes but then this old guy started whistling to the Power of Love. Great!
My skin feels lovely now, the power showers were ace. Everyone was friendly and I didn't feel out of place. Next step the gym.
Oh and the Chinese? I had a little when I got back. Oh well.

1 comment:

Jude said...

We'll all be doing the marathon soon HA. :D