Thursday, September 16, 2004

Drivers and Dentists

I got a tooth abscess. But I can't get an appointment until 7th October. Its in a tooth that's capped and had a recent root canal filling. It doesn't hurt as much as throb and that sensitive pain when I eat something hot or cold. Also when I press the gum this straw coloured fluid comes out that smells awful. I'll get antibiotics tomorrow. I need sympathy.

I arrived at work today to a car park full of cars. I noticed a few empty spaces that other drivers were ignoring, when I looked closer I could see why. Bloody women drivers! They had reversed parked in and taken their own place plus most of the other as well. How damn selfish. Of course I'm sure they were women, mainly because the hospital has a fair majority of women workers, plus the cars were female looking. The teddies on the dashboard. The pink/lilac colour paint work. The fluffy blanket on the back seat....Or for the married with kids ones, The car seat plus crisp packets, half eaten McDonald's and toys.
So I'm a determined bitch. I reversed perfectly straight into the parking slot next to her. This meant that I was parallel and almost touching the drivers door. I had room to get out but no way could she get in. I was delighted to see she'd gone when I got back. She must have climbed over the passenger side. Maybe she'll park with care next time.

I phoned those Bailiffs at work and told them again , they had the wrong woman. This prompted a discussion about bailiffs at work. I was told a story about a well off elderly lady who lived with her son, who owned his own business. He went away for a week abroad and she opened the mail for him. One letter was one from a bailiff demanding £526 or they'd come to the house. She got all stressed and phoned up the company immediately and paid on her bank card. When her son came back from holiday, she told him expecting him to be pleased. He wasn't. The debt wasn't his. It was the same surname but a different surname, and he didn't owe any money. The bailiffs had picked the address at some random hoping they got the right man, and yes they got paid.
She's still trying to get a refund now.

Now Abby's told me she's making Macaroni Cheese in school next Tuesday. Well Clazza, you know what you'll be getting for dinner! Least its a veggie option. At least its not trifle again. She added double the amount of water to the jelly last time. It was kinda sloppy to say the least!

3 comments:

clarrie said...

White Van Mans and anyone in a people-carrier (spit) are the worst parkers ever ever

Advice for tooth abcess - rinse mouth regularly with warm saline. Vile but works.

Stephen said...

Beware of whom you insult with your generalisations...

Trinity said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.