Saturday, September 25, 2004

Dinner

Just had dinner in the Lord Nelson, a pub owned by The Hungry Horse franchise. My city has got lots of these pubs dotted around, two of them very close. My experience in these places has been varied. There's not a real consistency, from a good meal to a totally melted ice-cream, that the manager thought was fine to him.
The Lord Nelson is as Chav as they come even down to the hair pulled back bar staff and slush puppy drinks available on tap at the bar. But it's popular and family orientated. Today, though, not particularly clean. The table had a gritty feel to it. But my dinner of a 5oz rump steak was only 3 quid, hot, tender and tasty. Service was quick. If you want no frills you can't go wrong..... Well apart from the ice-cream incident. But I won't be returning to that pub again.The Lord Nelson is better.
Abby didn't want to go for dinner and had two slush puppy's and one of my onion rings. I had to kick her leg, everytime my dad asked her a question, for any kind of response. My mum just laughs. They're used to her. My mum has a video of her at about aged two and tbh she hasn't changed a lot. She was a stroppy baby then. She refused to call my mum and dad, Nan and Grampy instead called them Maureen and Mike... Well everyone else did?!
The video tape is funny. I'm trying to get her to sing 'Ba-Ba Black Sheep' for the camera. She refuses. Then eventually gives in but sings it so fast no-one could understand her. Then she picks up the house phone and throws it across the floor in a strop. Ahh guess I should have know how she'd turn out.
BTW The local Council estate convenience store sells Slush Puppy drinks too...But I think they're not the real brand. But it sells miniature bottles of spirits like Vodka and tequila by the side of the machine. Apparently they're very popular added to the slush. Yeah I bet they are.

No comments: