Friday, September 17, 2004

Never Trust a 10 Year old

So 6pm comes and we set off to find the St John Ambulance building...Which I have no idea where it is. I drive round the estate for 10 minutes stop and ask a few (dumb) people then suddenly spot it. In I drive and we get out the car and march in. Inside were two women in uniform (at this point I'm the stupid one) Danielle wants to join St John's tonight, I spout confidently. The two women look at each other and frown. Apparently tonight is Girl Guides night, duh. I'm a bloody Rainbow Guider. You'd think I'd recognise my own Guiders uniform.
There is no St Johns for anyone under the age of 16.
Then I had to back-track and ask if she can join Guides instead. It's ok I like Guides anyways. I think they encourage self thinking strong women. But I was mightily embarrassed.

No comments: