Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Morning

No not at church today...I may go back there at some point though. But the Church wasn't talking to me at any level.
The house was a mess when I got up. I can't bear to live in it, I've been ignoring it all week but this morning I did the chores. Washed all the clothes in the basket, got to iron in a while.
I'm preparing myself for an argument with Abby. I know I haven't washed her school uniform. It wasn't in the basket. Am I wrong? But why should I do everything, think of everything all the time. It doesn't take a huge amount of effort to put washing in the basket. I refuse to pick up stuff off her bedroom floor. She's 14 after all. Also we are a team, we are three girls together looking after each other. Her sister can manage it. So later, or even tomorrow morning, there won't be anything to wear, all bar a crushed and wrinkled dirty school uniform. Maybe she'll learn, but somehow I doubt it because we've been here on a number of occasions in the past.
Danielle leaves for camp in 2 hours. I packed all her stuff...tons of it. Don't want her to be cold or wet. I hope she'll be ok. A whole week on a boat. Kinda worrying. I think the weeks being run by the sailing club so that's reassuring. The kind of school trips that go wrong, tend to be teacher led ones, who have little experience in the theme.
Damn I just made myself worry more reading those news excerpts.
Crikey I just looked at the real price of the week. nearly 300 pounds. We paid 80. I think they must have had a grant. The advantages of living in a disadvantaged area.

No comments: