Sunday, October 17, 2004

I am no longer a virgin.

Nope I'm not longer a gym virgin. Tonight I spend 90 minutes playing with the equipment and deciding which looks less complex (none of it really!). I walked a mile on the treadmill, but I couldn't work out how to stop it. So I pressed emergency stop and nearly fell over. It was weird I felt like I was still moving. I had a job getting off. Then this nice young JJB man who was vacuuming showed me how to use this leggie thing. But in order to use it , you have to unscrew this knob then screw it on again. I told him I couldn't possibly screw anything. I couldn't use a drill yet. He kept laughing...god knows why.
I had a good look down the end at the weights. I'll never be able to use those but I got a nice eyeful of sweaty men, hard at it. The gym has it's advantages.
I'm not sure it beats swimming. But maybe I'll go every Sunday night. It's quite quiet then and I won't look quite so foolish when I do it wrong.
Like when I knelt on a seatpad and JJB man came over and said I had to sit on it...oh dear. (note the picture? how the feck do you use THAT?)

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The bit of equipment is a multi-gym - there is a pectoral fly exerciser on it, amongst other things... I know how to use these (3x15 reps at 28 kilos, 30 seconds rest between sets).