Friday, October 22, 2004

Train To Manchester

Well I got here safe but a bit frazzled. Those Virgin Trains are odd. I had seats booked on both trains here. The first train was pretty full and no-one was sat in the right seats. One woman took up 4 reserved seats with her family and caused a huge fuss when asked to move. Trouble is if you booked your seats ages ago like I did and you have a seat reserved, You don't want to stand for two hours.
I sat quietly with my I-pod and watched the world go by. Birmingham Station was busy and noisy and I only had a few minutes to get my connection. Luckily the next train was better (though I still wasn't sat in my designated seat as someone else was there) I had a call from my friend to check I'd survived, then suddenly I woke up and I was in Manchester. I snore too! So that was highly embarrassing.
And bless her there was Clarrie and O waiting for me. O wouldn't talk to me for ages but now I'm his best friend because I got him a giant Toblerone.
Clarrie has two very affectionate cats that love me and keep crying to be petted.
Abby just rang to say her and Danika are staying at home alone tonight. Oh God that will mean internet surfing till 5am with webcams and Egyptian men. Plus my vodka finished off. Oh well. That's teenagers for you.

No comments: