Sunday, October 10, 2004

Gym Kids

Got up early and hit the gym. Took Danz with me. I did 10 lengths ...No improvement there but I was a lot faster and it took less effort generally. Its hard to concentrate with kids saying 'mum mum watch me' every 5 seconds! But she's not too bad. There were quite a few kids there today. OK I can't talk because I had mine but there was one Chinese girl of about 12 who was v annoying. She kept jumping in the jacuzzi and splashing me. Then there were a succession of babies in the spa despite the notice saying adults only. Baby pee in the spa doesn't exactly thrill me. Yet I primarily agree with kids being allowed in there, exercise is a recipe for life and should start early. Ingrain it as part of the daily routine for them. Just don't break the gym rules and don't let them annoy other people.
I really like the gym. I've found a place to go to if I'm bored. A place where I can talk to other people if I want to or just relax and be quiet. A place where it doesn't matter that I'm not slim, a place where everyone is accepted the same. Actually, there was an emanciated woman in the pool today. She was painfully thin, you could see every rib and back bone on her. She attracted a few glances far more than the bigger people (perhaps in a concerned way?)
Well it's my ex's birthday today and the kids are going out with him for a few hours. Peace! Even Abby is going. A whole afternoon alone :scream: all alone here. What shall I do with myself? Better go out buy more batteries ! ;-)

No comments: