Saturday, October 16, 2004

Mummy Mug

After an hour of leering at Dick & Dom in da Bungalow, those two are wasted on the kids.
I went shopping...And THEY (beloved daughters) wanted to come with me. This meant one thing. Buying stuff for them.
Bedminster is a strange place. Or Beirut as it's commonly known amongst those in the know. Coronation Road seems to have a few of those care in the community homes scattered down there. So you meet a wide variety of challenged people there.
But saying that if you ignore the fashion disasters of the white trainers with stripey red, yellow and gold tights and pink shorts on a rainy Saturday morning, The shops are fairly diverse. This makes them interesting. They're diverse in a chav way. There's a semi trendy clothes shop in the arcade owned by members of a foreign country, that has some nice stuff if that's your scene.
I toyed with the idea of a poncho. I'm a slave to the latest fashions. Then I spotted a huge woman pushing a pram with one on and she looked like a huge bag of potatoes covered in wool. One shop had home made ones for sell in the window....Dreadful. No I think the poncho style just isn't me. God those things were in fashion when I was a kid. My little sister had loads of ponchos and catsuits. She was blonde and sweet. I was brown haired and not sweet.
Anyways ditching the poncho idea, I was co-erced into buying a zippy cardigan thing for Abby with Von Bitch on it. I have a certain male friend to blame for her love of Von Dutch and all things with Bitch written on them.
Then she made me buy yet MORE Halloween stuff. This parties going to be extreme.
In Asda they had a smoke effect machine for 25 quid. Boy does she want it! Bloody Halloween. Anyways got probs of my own to sort out tonight with the potato stalker.
Oh dear.

No comments: