Friday, October 08, 2004

Friends

I'm going out tonight. Well, meant to be. My friend Barbs is leaving work. I don't want to go. I don't want to say goodbye to her. I've worked with her for many years. We've had our ups and downs and it's the end of an era really. So many changes. So much uncertainty and worry.
I've started to feel anxious again in company. So I decided to get a taxi and have some drink. Courage in the bottle. I don't drink much. I don't need to normally. But sometimes a little Dutch courage (why's it called Dutch?)and my natural inhibitions fly away. I'm very shy sometimes (ok I said sometimes) Ok I'm not really shy. I just wish I was shy. I wish I didn't wear my heart on my sleeve, I wish I'd be more objective and less intense.
This restaurant tonight has got some fancy food on the menu. Whats wrong with plain english food? Everythings got some sauce on it. Or a coulis. I'd like a huge Knickerbocker glory.
Anyone know where I can get a real Knickerbocker glory? and no sexual comments. I know you lot have filthy minds.

No comments: