Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Man


John Peel.
There will never be another like him. His death has put an enormous hole in the music industry. Driving home tonight listening to Spoony play his music, I cried
Bands like Keane and Coldplay who John discovered then laid out for us to investigate and enjoy. I loved his persona, his voice his wicked sense of humour. I can't believe he's gone. He had so much more to give and do. I'm so sad.
It was only a few weeks ago. I was listening to Chris Moyles on the way to work when Chris said...'hey JP's just walked into the studio'. Then there was his unmistakable voice in the background "When you going to stop the talking and play some MUSIC thats what Radio's all about". I laughed and thought Rock On John you got what I'm thinking in a nutshell.
John you were the coolest and the best. RIP Mate. No, actually, don't rest in peace. Rest with the best music in the world playing just for you.Posted by Hello

No comments: