Monday, October 25, 2004

Half Term

There is one major advantage and one major disadvantage to working half term week. This morning my usual 55 minute journey to work, took just 20 minutes. I glided in. Oh such heaven. After parking in the staff ca park and grimacing at some woman's terrible parking (unbelievable) I got in work , for once calm and relaxed.
The morning hotted up slowly and when it was hot it was boiling and we had them in and out I their droves. And there foreth is the major disadvantage of working the half term. Each patient comes with a hoard of siblings of all shapes and sizes. This afternoon we had 5 families in one tiny assessment room and each family had at least three children, one family had five. And yes they brought them ALL in. A trip to hospital is not one to be missed :( Leave them with a friend? A grandparent. God no bring the grandparents too. Yes we had the young and the old. The grandparents were presumably to keep and eye on the other kids. FFS Leave them all at home. I began to twitch at 2pm and went and dragged the one playleader in and pleaded...'DO SOMETHING' to which she removed a few to do painting...God no then they all brought in their wet paintings for Mummy Daddy, Granny and uncle Tom Cobbly and all to admire.
One grandmother insisted on taking pictures after her grandaughter's treatment, with me in all of them!! Oh God a nightmare. I had one with the child, then one with the sister, then a family shot. She said she'd send me one. My face must have been very pained in all of them.
So I finally got home to utter chaos. Abby...WTF? She said she couldn't leave the kitten all day. Don't I understand the pressures of kitten watching?
NONONONONO
So we tidied up. Can we decorate for Halloween she asks. No!
Well now I'm mean because her online friends from America have had them up for ages.
Oh Well Cinderella Danz is back tomorrow. That child will make a perfect wife.

No comments: